Friday, April 5, 2013

Starting Out

For my first post, I want to explain what I am wanting with this blog.  I don't know a lot about religion or the Bible - but I want to learn.  I want this to be a place where I talk about my opinions, views, and questions.  I want to explore other religions and to try to see how the Bible helps us with modern problems.

I am a Protestant Christian but don't attend church regularly.  My children attend Sunday School at the local First Christian Church every Sunday.  I am currently studying an online Bible study course that is free and very interesting.  It's a very basic course but I'm enjoying it.  For those interested, the webpage is Jordan Park Bible Study . I'm currently on Lesson 11 - Faith.

I'm hoping to start a yahoo group to discuss the Bible and how it can help us in our modern world.  I have lots of questions and hope I can get some people to join that have a more extensive knowledge of the Bible. My desire is for the group to be open to all religions and have an open, friendly discussion.

I guess that's enough for a first post.  Will try to post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment